We believe that you have the right to control all of the information and content that you share, post and submit on the site.
- Only members are able to view information about you that you post on your profile, including address or telephone details that you choose to include.
- Only members are able to contact you through the "Send Message" button and the site's private messaging facility
- Your email address will not be disclosed to any member or third party unless you choose to disclose it, except in special emergency circumstances as discussed below.
- Postings that you make in the Warmshowers.org forums are visible to anyone on the internet.
- Any posting on the site may be deleted by you at any time, or you can request that we delete it.
Warmshowers.org is a community built on trust, so we ask you to use your real full name on the site, but it is visible only to members, unless you disclose further information in the forums.
We believe strongly in protecting your information and not sharing it with any third parties, but we do reserve the right to transfer such information without consent to prevent an emergency, to help you or others who may be in a dangerous situation, to protect or enforce our rights, to protect or enforce the rights of a third party or in response to a court order or subpoena as otherwise required or permitted by law.
We never sell, make available, or exchange your information with any other website or service. Commercial activity of all types is banned on Warmshowers.org, and that includes both member behavior and our own.
You have the right to delete your account on Warmshowers.org, along with all your account information, feedback you have created, and any other content, at any time. To do so, visit the "edit" tab of your account and click the "Delete account" button at the bottom.